Board & Train
Our Board & Train Programs are an intense lifestyle training program, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. The programs are designed to give your dog a strong head start by removing bad habits, eliminating anxiety and fear issues, and putting a strong routine into place for both dog and owner.
In the Board & Train programs, your dog will be trained by our head trainer Will and his assistant.
60 Minute Sessions | $70
Full Off Leash Training Course (4-6 sessions at your home) | $600
1 Week Basic Behavior Modification Board and Train | $850
This 1 week program is not for serious behavior modification issues.
2 to 5 week Intense Behavior Modification Board and Train (Length of program is determined by your dog's needs)
**COST OF E-COLLAR NOT INCLUDED**
2 WEEKS | $2,100 - NOT FOR SERIOUS BEHAVIORAL ISSUES
3 WEEKS | $2,600
4 WEEKS | $3,100 (Mainly for human aggressive dogs, dog aggressive dogs, or dogs with high levels of fear and anxiety)
5 WEEKS | $3,600 (Mainly for human aggressive dogs, dog aggressive dogs, or dogs with high levels of fear and anxiety)
Additional weeks are available at $600 per week, for 3 week and 5 week Board and Trains.
Very important disclaimer! The 2 to 3 week programs are designed for dogs that are NOT human or dog aggressive or that have high levels of fear and anxiety as that takes longer to work with. Although we do offer programs that tailer specifically to these red zone type of dogs (5 WEEKS)
All of our programs are specially tailored for behavior rehabilitation, as they revolve highly around obedience commands. So many dogs are great at obedience, but they can not hold a command around basic distractions. Many dogs also do not have a calm and submissive state of mind. It is extremely important to us and the dog, that we are able to work with the dog on these issues.
The most important thing we will work on is having a calmer dog that listens better and is not reactive to all of the environmental stimulants around your home and in the real world. The number one thing that any trainer should highly value is teaching focus. Most of the dogs that we get to rehabilitate simply have a focusing issue. We train your dog to focus on you (their handler) almost all of the time and most of their behavioral issues will disappear. With that starting theory, we are able to then train your dog on the obedience commands that you are looking for and that all dogs are capable of having. We look at dog training as a lifestyle and not a series of tricks. Our training and rehab program becomes part of your lifestyle.
As far as obedience we work on the following with your dog throughout their board and train program:
- Walking properly on a leash without pulling, barking, lunging, sniffing, or reacting to dogs and/or distractions
- Duration Work – your dog’s off switch. Teaches calm on command, so you have a chill dog when you need it.
- Place command - (for the dog this means “lay down on this spot and stay put with a calm mind”)
- Correcting bad behaviors – jumping up on people, jumping on countertops, mouthing, nipping, chasing, playing keep-away
- Recall training, in other words - the come command (with and without distractions)
- Separation Anxiety (some separation issues need a longer program)
- Crate Nonsense (barking, whining, etc.)
- Heeling properly (walking beside the handler, not in front or behind) on leash and eliminating leash reactivity (some intense leash reactivity needs a longer program)
- Building confidence with your dog through pack exposure and dog socialization so you get a better off well mannered dog.
- Proper socialization with humans
- How to wait for food
- Calm on Command training – having your dog be calm in all situations, without him/her having to be worn out with hours of walking/play time
- Leadership skills with your dog so your dog understands proper pack order with humans, eliminating a lot of pushy behavior dogs have. This is also great for nervous fearful dogs.
- Work with your dog on the anxiety and fear that is driving most unwanted behaviors
All Board and Train programs include six hours of private one-on-one training. The six hours includes two, two-hour training sessions at the completion of the program. You also receive two one-hour follow-up sessions to be scheduled at the owner’s and trainer’s discretion. For clients who have completed our Board & Train program and are interested in further training opportunities, one-hour training sessions are available at $60 per hour.